Monday, February 12, 2007

Bootiful Boycott

Wow, it's been a long day today. The trains are playing up at the moment so while I headed over to Huddersfield for the usual weekend at Sally's, Transpennine Express weren't willing to help be come back as easily. The trains were barely running last night (engineering at Selby), so I waited until this morning to come back. After being woken by Sally at a less-that-usual 6.30am (sob), it was off to the station for the semi-usual 8.12am. It gets to Hull for 9.36am, one quick taxi and I'm not usually late for work. But not today... No, the engineering is perversely from 7.30am-9.30am and 4.30pm onwards, just to make sure commuters are stuffed. :) So it was a train as far as Selby, then a bus to Hull. I got home roughly 10.30am, and to work just before 11am. Luckily, my Monday teaching only starts at 1pm, but I'm still a bit peeved.

I'm also peeved at Bernard Matthews and his turkeys. I'm not a big believer in food scares, and I'm not worried by this bird 'flu business. In fact, short of taking a lovely stroll across the countryside, stumbling across a dead bird and them rubbing it into your face, I don't think we're likely to catch it. But shifty companies do get up my nose. So along with Terrys and O2, Bernard Matthews are now on my 'black list'. :)

3 comments:

Sal said...

I boycotted his company years ago on the grounds that his food's cr*p and he looks like a pervert. But I'm irrational like that :-)

GF said...

He does look like a pervert, you're right!!

Why Terrys?

James said...

They stopped making the Chocolate Oranges in York (my home town), shut the place down and moved everything to Poland.

The swine! ;-)