Friday, May 11, 2007

From Blair to Brown

Hmmm.... every other post on here seems to be in the "oops, haven't updated in ages" category!! Sorry about that. It's been hectic, and I tend to update from work, rather than from home. When I switch my PC on, it's to get straight into "Command & Conquer 3", or "Oblivion", and I'm far too busy playing games - yes, not "World of Warcraft" - to bother logging on. I seem to be avoiding logging on recently. I blame AVG (Anti-Virus Guard) for having a life of it's own whenever I connect to the Web. Blasted thing - I really, really hate constant pop-ups in the bottom right of my screen... :)

But, to the news. Tony Blair is finally *FINALLY* stepping down. You'll all know that I'm a Tory at heart - even though I have found it hard to vote Conservative in the past. But now that Blair is finally going, there's a spring in my step. I don't hate the man, but I was just so fed up of him being on TV all the time - ironically, his resignation is all over the news at the moment - and I'm looking forward to having a good laugh when Gordon Brown gets in - he'll be a disaster, I bet you.

4 comments:

Jase said...

I couldn't agree more....
I also haven't WoW'd in over a month! I logged each character once to clear mailboxes of important stuff, but left the spam to rot!

GF said...

See the thing is I'm not really Labour either, but New Labour moved so far right that they virtually are Tory.

I think that Brown won't be a disaster, he is an incredibly clever person, but his policies and actions will need to do the talking as he doesn't appear overly charasmatic. I think he'll struggle with the public on that front, but then perhaps we're sick of new modern TV-show media spin anyway?

As for Conservatives, well I like Cameron, though I think he is modelling himself on Blair and without any policies to boot, they're going to struggle. As I said at the top of the post with New Labour moving so far right, how can the Tory policies be that different without moving extreme right (like what's just happened in France) or perhaps changing the argument from let's say The Economy to Society....

Jase said...

All these Labour hard hitters who are refusing to stand against GB are setting him up for a fall. I think they are expecting GB to lose the next election, so they can then kick him out when they are in opposition! JMHO!

GF said...

Yes, but surely Labour aren't willing to give up Governing power for the next 4/5 years just to get rid of him.

They could do that now and not lose power. Doesn't make sense to do it any other way to me.