Friday, October 07, 2005

Living in Hull

Ok, ok, we know that Hull gets a bit of a bad press, but it's not that bad. Today, however, I'm a bit p****d off with the whole Hull thing. Or rather, the Kingston Communications thing. Some of you may not know that Hull is seperate to the BT phone system, has white telephone boxes and only *one* possible internet provider. Kingston Communications. Or rather, Karoo.

All I want is broadband for six months. Not twelve months. Just six. I'll even pay over the odds - as you have to with Karoo. But only for six months. That's all I ask. Is there any techie out there - and many of you are techies - who can suggest some other way of getting broadband? Through satellite TV or any other side-stepping suggestion. Six months is long time on dial-up (when I get my phone connected).

Help?

3 comments:

Kean_Silvester said...

thats rubbish!!

you could ópt for an ISDN line on the phones quite good bandwidth init? to be fair i dont know jack dont listen to me.

Jase said...

The 12 month contract is exactly the same as for Sky etc... there is a catch though.

Take out the 12 months and after 6 months phone them to let them know you are moving house and you want to transfer your account to your new number....

That new number won't be in their service area so THEY have to break the contract with YOU, and not the other way round.

This works as I did it with both Telewest and Nildram over the last few years.

James said...

Aha!! Interesting...