Monday, November 14, 2005

Wow, what a day!!

Phew. But the good news is that almost my entire workload has firmly shifted into the Out box. In fact, I'm a little unsure about what to do next. Long and short of things is that I'm feeling much better, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I spent some of last night playing "The Movies" on my PC. What a great game. What terrible films my studio produces!! Actually, you have to see them to believe them. Bad black-and-white films set to madcap piano music. I wonder if I can somehow link them to this site? That really would be something. They are terrible, in full 1930s filmorama.

Plus, I fell through a desk today. Yep. Smashed it completely - though not my fault. Not the left desk, not the right desk, but the utterly unsupported curved bit that joined them together. And in the main departmental office too. At least five people came running. Most ran to my aid. One cried out "Thank God it wasn't a student!"

At least I'm not likely to sue(!)

1 comment:

Sal said...

The desk thing at least makes me feel better about accidentally knocking the used printer toner unit and consequential black cloud/chimney sweep effect, so thank you! Me xxx