Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Time, and the whizzing past thereof

I never have enough time these days. Which is bizzare really, as I never seem to be achieving anything. There's a lot of activity, with a lot of clock watching going on in the quiet moments. So since I was sent this link by my friend Craig, I've taken to checking it more often that I'd like. It's strangely addictive. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Human Clock.

Part of the reason this site has been quiet lately is that things just keep falling into my lap - and that's in a "needs doing" way, not a "ooh, that's nice" way. I found out last Monday that I had an interview for a lectureship at Sheffield Hallam University on the Thursday and I had a 20mins presentation to write (+10mins for Q&A) - finding out what that was to be about on the Tuesday. Needless to say, I didn't get the job as I'd have mentioned it much earlier if I'd have done so, but the feedback continues to be good. In the end, it was the same sort of stuff I got when I went for the Leeds Trinity post. Nothing to fault at interview (nothing they could suggest to help me improve), and a specific mention that my presentation - to a room full of lecturers - went down very well indeed, with the people there asking the poor guy who had to phone me up and let me know I didn't get it to make sure that he passed that on. Alas, my research just didn't dovetail as well with the current lecturers as some of the other people there. In other words, a very successful failure. :-)

I just hope something else crops up soon. This particular contract of mine ends in late January...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you never told me you had a blog!

harrumph

Ceri

James said...

Sorry Ceri. :-(