Monday, March 13, 2006

Bloody GPs (and their receptionists)

Lately, I've been feeling really tired. Well, for the last few months. Plus, I've been waking up in the middle of the night, unbelivably thirsty. Considering my family history (well, Dad), I've had this nagging doubt for months that I have or will soon be getting diabetes. Finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors - I have a tendency to dislike GPs for their smug, general all-round rudeness! - and had a blood test. (Once I got into the place, and past the extremely formidable receptionist. The fact that I had changed address and that paperwork was needed did not exactly endear me to her). But all clear. Thing is, the bloody surgery made me ring for the details and I couldn't hear what my glucose level actually *was* - even though I patiently explained I was deaf/hard-of-hearing, I was once again treated like an idiot. I love these people. Grr....

Still, no diabetes for James. That's good. I must simply not be drinking enough water, mind you. Time to break out the Lemon cordial again. :-)

No comments: