Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Time for a think?

Fact is, the most important thing for my career right now is to finish my paper and send it off to the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (some good reasons for choosing that one) for a ritual handbagging. Thing is, I refuse to tinker with it unless I get a good two hours free to lavish on it and it alone. Yes, two hours. 180mins of uninterupted thinking time. When did that last happen? I think it was three weeks ago. *sigh* (EDIT: Julian pointed out 2hrs is 120mins. Quite right too!)

Heh, I'm even getting undergraduates getting up and walking out of their tutored workshop - walking *past* the two postgraduates on duty - and then climbing two flights of stairs to knock on my door for help. Great for the ego - don't get me wrong - but I'll never escape "Teaching Assistant" and become a Lecturer at this rate.

Dr. James Jackson, Teaching Assistant. Sounds a bit rubbish, eh? lol. Professor The Lord Jackson sounds much, much better. I'll have to get working on my charitable good deeds!

And that paper. :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...

Last time I looked, 2 hours was only 120 minutes...
:)

Taz

James said...

Bugger... lol.

Sal said...

Cracking. And you're teaching these kids statistics in all its mathly goodness. :-)