Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Time for an update

This is "The Deep", the world's only Submarium says the blurb - though I'm pretty sure that they made that word up. It's the big Aquarium in Hull, shaped like a giant ship and pointing out into the estuary. According to Sally, it's the *only* tourist attraction in the whole of Hull. And we were there this last weekend - as you'll see from Sally's Blog - for her friend's (Catherine's) birthday.

I like fish - very calming - but there really are some seriously weird fish out there. For example: cowfish. I mean, imagine being starving on a desert island. After days of effort, you finally catch a fish and it's a cowfish. Would you eat it? I doubt I would... :)

Elsewhere, there were further tramp sightings. Popping outside for some fresh air during lunch in a superheated pub, I discovered a sleeping tramp/drunk on the other side of a low wall. I tried to hide him from Sally (always one to try and make Hull look better) but had to give in and admit there was a nearby tramp (again!). *But* even with disclaimers on Sally's own Blog, I have it on best authority that a tramp lives in one of the Superloos in Huddersfield, those ones in the street where you pay 20p and it opens up? Imagine being caught completely short, paying your money, only to have the door slide open and a tramp come out - arms waving, muttering incomprehensibly.

So the moral to this tale?

Everywhere else> Hull > Huddersfield. ;-)

4 comments:

Sal said...

"The world's only submarium"? Damn right they made it up!

And in Brighouse there's the UK's largest Trampoloo. :-)

Anonymous said...

Submarium? That's a silly word! Besides the one that's being built in San Francisco is gonna piss all over the Hull one :P Ok, yes, they have a slightly bigger budget.

The Deep wasn't bad but I expected more I must confess :(

Kean_Silvester said...

Submarium.

Sub sea marina aquariam? Are the fish inside it or outside it.

Tramps! tsk why dont they get a job. Ive tried crack its great. wh they going on about.

Sal said...

I expected more too. More tramps :-)