Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sorely neglected Blog...

It's weird.

I have no PhD to write - only the viva to go obviously. No presentations or lectures to write, as I currently have no job. I'm still waiting on an interview a four-six month contract from Hull (one of three posts and my chances are good). But what all this means is that I'm short of things to do. This means that I have plenty of time on my hands to do what I want to do, right? Wrong. :-(

It just doesn't seem to work that way. If I had a job lined up, and I started on X, then I'm sure I'd be running around, filling up my day with all sorts. Right now though, I just can't be bothered. Bugger.

Still, there's something to blog about today. You know how you can get a tune stuck inside your head for days, don't you? Well, it's happened to me this week. I was in town (York) a few days ago and I was looking through some DVDs and I found - but point out that I DID NOT BUY - a DVD of Magnum PI. With Tom Selleck. The TV series in Hawaii which denied us Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones - he couldn't get out of contract and they gave it to Harrison Ford instead. Some film trivia there... Since I saw that DVD cover, I don't seem able to get the theme tune out of my head so I thought I'd share the magic. :-) Here you are.

And since it's detective/cop shows today, here's a theme tune that is a personal favourite of mine and in my search for Magnum, I turned it up. Hill Street Blues. Anybody remember it? Clicky.

2 comments:

GF said...

Yip I know what you mean. Though admittedly I'm snowed at work and aren't blogging at all really.

I could do with comepletely revitialising the site and getting all the links working, but given that I'm working late and since I am a programmer anyway, the thought of coming home and then sitting in front of the PC to program just isn't that appealing at the moment.

But I know that if I had nothing to do I'd probably watch films and listen to music....

...on the note of themes. For some reason (none that I can pinpoint) I can't get the Littlest Hobo out my head today "Maybe tomorrow, I might just settle down......" :)

James said...

I remember that: "...but until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on." I loved that tune as a kid. :-)