Wednesday, August 01, 2007

He's back!!


Well, it's taken a few days but I'm back to blogging! We got back from Lanzarote on Sunday but I spent Monday in Huddersfield and Tuesday catching up with my inbox. I'm sort of on top of things now. It's a good job it's only August - White Rabbits, btw - things get crazy here in September. We have a host of Canary Island photos to inflict on you all when I get the chance, but it's enough to let you know what the place was like. First off though is an image (above) from the Timanfaya National Park to the west of the island. There are over 100 volcanoes in the area, most setting off between 1730 and 1736. The last was in 1824 but since it rains so rarely, everything still looks as desolate as it did then! For a while, it was very creepy indeed (About half the island looks like this!)

2 comments:

GF said...

Well it looks a damned sight drier than the photos of Hull you were posting....

Sal said...

You can see most of the pics on my blog if you like volcanoes and childishly amusing misspellings, folks!