Wednesday, July 18, 2007

James on the box - Part Two

Well, it's done. It was more than I thought too. Turns out that Look North are doing a special on the flood disaster - showing next Wednesday (25th) on BBC1 at 7.30. East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire definitely - SKY channel 997 - and I'll be on there, talking to Paul Hudson, the regional weather guy. It was very weird when he came up and said hello as I felt I knew him! We also had to do some walking towards the camera - that took *a few* goes thanks to lawn mower men, people walking in front of the camera, and the construction that's going on round campus while the students are away. Turns out that you have to be very, very patient to be in TV.

So not tomorrow, but next week. (Obviously, I'll still need a copy, as I'll be in Lanzorote!) Now, on to today's graduation ceremony!! Yes, a James-in-his-suit occasion. Not many of those about...!

12 comments:

GF said...

I had a suit on today also - also quite rare these days!!

But I wasn't at a ceremony or indeed becoming a TV Star, just a work lunch thing.

Jase said...

That is Sky channel 977 (nice typo).
It is also showing on the Leeds based Look North as well, so your Mum and Dad should be able to watch it in York (unless their aerial picks up the Newcastle based one).

PS Sky+ set, but a 30 minute program will test my laptop's harddisk a bit! I'll investigate ripping it straight to DVD instead.

GF said...

Aren't you going to upload to YouTube so we have it linked on here?

Jase said...

Well the slot on the news is now a 30 minute documentary, so I don't think I can upload that much (10 mins max).

GF said...

Part I,II & III? Surely its based on filesize not lenth.

If it isn't then I've watched hour-long documentaries on GoogleVideo....and well, you know who they bought... ;)

James said...

997, 977 - same thing really. ;-)

James said...

PS. Would be great if you guys can use your technical know-how and sort things! :)

Jase said...

Any particular world problem that you think our technical know-how could solve?

GF said...

Well how about we go some way to advancing the distinct lack of progress inventing x-ray specs that see through clothing, like were promised in the back of comics and magazines I probably shouldn't be reading aged 8......

Jase said...

Looking at the TV Schedules for today, the original program for James' region has been cancelled!
There is now a national one looking at the flooding.
I'll record the Yorks/Lincs version in case it contains regional content.

Jase said...

PS YOu could always try this trick...
Take a photo with a really bright flash (and fix the camera to not compensate) and then change the levels in Photoshop... A lot of things become transparent then! Alegedly. :P

Jase said...

James on TV Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykYyAN9R1Tw