Friday, July 15, 2005

To reciprocate...

Those eagle-eyed types amongst you will have noticed a link from this Blog to that of my friend Jason. Those of you that went there may well have noticed that whe had a few (kind) words about me and my "caffiene-fuelled" activities so I thought I'd return the favour. ;-)

I have known Jason since I was three-and-a-half, though it was a few years before I got to know him better, when the poor soul had to stay down a year at school (his October birthday) and I managed to catch him up. I then spent the next ten years at school trying to keep up. [You swot, Jase. ;-)]. It was a pleasure to be Best Man at your wedding, amigo. I don't know if I ever told you this but that speech cured me of any possible fear of public speaking and has led me to the lecture-bound career I'm aiming for today; being perfectly willing to lecture two hundred twenty 18-21yr olds at 50mins a go. So cheers for that Jason! Being down in London and all makes it harder to keep in touch, but since heand his wife Serena (a busy London doctor) have a child on the way, I'd just like to take the to be a little serious and wish them both (or all three rather!) the very best of luck in front of the rest of you. So there we have it

PS. Jim? Not sure I'm ready for the Jim (Kean and co. aside). My Dad is Jim as you know. Since you know him, could be confusing... However, Uncle Jim, I like that. I can be that uncle who steals all the kids noses, talks too loudly and tends to be slightly tipsy. :-)

2 comments:

Jase said...

Slightly Tipsy? Do you do "Slightly"?

Just kidding! Thanks.

Glad you got more out of the wedding reception than "Val"!

James said...

Valerie Marshall? :-) Whatever did happen to her?