Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The BPS are here

The BPS (British Psychology Society) are here today, assessing the course to see if we'r still worthy of their thumbs up - which, in the long run, means that everybody graduating with a degree in Psychology here at Hull will automatically gain "GBR", graduate basis of registration. That clear now? Excellent. ;-)

Seriously though, it's all hands to the pumps for collective positive chit-chat. I've just come back froma bit of lunch and a natter and it's an hour until we get our feedback about what's good, what's bad and who's ugly. I'm assuming it won't be me as while I was at the first meeting, no-one asked me anything!! I got to keep completely quiet. There were some good questions and some good answers though, so my hunch is that Hull will be able to keep on trucking.

2 comments:

GF said...

How can the BPS make graduates GBR? That's one TLA too many for me and I don't get it....

James said...

Three-Letter Acronyms are cool, aren't they? Without them, we sound less like we know what we're doing! :)

PS. The BPS GBR is a level of recognised competence. Next up is C.Psychol, which is what I have. Not a three-letter one, I know, but best I could think up on short notice.

TTFN.