Friday, November 17, 2006

It's been a long time, stranger...

Yep, once again with the ages.

I have been *so* busy. I really have. I still have oodles of marking this weekend, and I'm getting a little fed up of it all. Still, all has to be in - ro rather back - very soon, so perhaps next week will be a lot better.

I still have this Higher Education Training course to go to every Wednesday afternoon - for three hours of fun and frolics - and one of these people is assessing my lecture this afternoon so I'm hoping it'll go well. Here's a random thought, though. The room we were sat in - a different one to the normal - had a big flipchart pad on a stand in the corner. It had "FLIPPY" written on it in huge letters. Weird, I thought. There the lecturer was, going on about the importance of feedback and such, and I was sat there imagining an Australian in cork-ridden hat and shorts standing next to the flipchart, with his hand to his eays saying: "What's that Flippy? There's been a room change and little Timmy has fallen down the well? Strewth!!"

5 comments:

GF said...

That made me smile, I like how your mind works.....seems to think the same sorts of random stuff I do.

Are all people like that and only certain groups of us admit it, or are we genuinely special?

I wonder....

James said...

Thinking of random stuff is a valuable defence mechanism, I'd say. But me in a horror movie with some mind-controlling monster alien thingie and I could thrw out enough random nonsense to keep my mind intact and out of his control.

Hopefully, as an honoured minority, you can say the same! :)

GF said...

Jam Jar Monsters are the worst. They leave sticky footprints...

Jase said...

I misread Gareth's comment and instantly thought of Jar Jar Binks... the biggest crime against monsters there is!

GF said...

Apparently Lucas didn't want Jam Jar Binks in Episode 1 but was made put it in by the Film Company to help appeal to kids.

I'm not sure I believe that, maybe he's just trying to distance himself from poor decision, after poor decision....

(i originally mis-typed that as poo decision, which I guess would still work)