Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Burning Crusade/Flashman

Some of you will know - and many will hang their heads and "tut" - but I am relatively keen on this World of Warcraft game... The new expansion pack is out and into The Outlands I went. Or rather, into The Outlands we *all* went. Almost everyone on the server poured into the new zones at the same time, causing the tiniest bit of lag. So I'll get back to that in a couple of days! Until then, I've actually been doing a bit of work.

Lately, I've been diverted by a borrowed copy of "Flashman" (thanks Mik). Pretty cynical story-telling... But if you don't take offence easily, great fun to read. Mik got his copy for something like 20p when a local school sold off some of its books. I have to agree with him, it's a little "adult" for the kiddies in places. Even so, I'll have to track down the rest in the series. Though as Sally would say: "Not your role model".

2 comments:

GF said...

Sounds a bit 'boys own' if you take my meaning...

James said...

Heh, nothing of the sort. Flashman likes the ladies quite a bit...