Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Year Round-up

Right then. *rolls up sleeves* It's time to start things anew. My host of marking is done - well, until the exams next week - so it's time to get bang up to date. Firstly, no New Year resolutions. Not one. Can't think of anything I really, really need to do to improve(!) Not even my hefty sense of self-delusion. I'm drinking less anyway - at least, during the week (discounting Wednesdays...), I don't smoke, and I don't have the drive and inclination to do more exercise. So, steady as she goes, Captain. ;-)

New Year was fun though, if hectic. I certainly needed time to recover. Christmas with the parents (York), New Year was spent down in London (with Sally, Alex, and Julian; and some time at Jason and Serena's, managing to meet Lauren and bump into Pradeep too). And the inbetween/slightly afterwards was with Sally in festive Huddersfield. Phew! Sally and I flew down to Heathrow from Manchester - as you can see from her Blog. It was something like 30mins to Heathrow (a bit bumpy but the wind was with us) and 35mins back. Decadent, yes. Especially with Julian meeting us at the airport and driving us back. :-) What I liked best was that we took off, reached 18,000ft, got served a cup of tea and biscuit, then we descended/landed. Sorted. Actually, we struggled a bit... Sally didn't like her biscuit so I had to eat two, and since the cup of tea was too hot, it was a struggle to drink/eat them before landing. Sheesh(!) More later.

2 comments:

Sal said...

I made up for it by having 8 biscuits at the meeting yesterday :-)

GF said...

That sounds like when I used to fly between Leeds Bradford and Glasgow - only it was vodka and lemonade which never got too hot!!