Thursday, June 14, 2007

Erm... what now?

Wow, I don't have anything to do!!

It's 9.53am on a Thursday morning and I don't have anything to do.

Now, before you wage slaves (I am one too, btw) start leaving oodles of comments about what a slacker academic I am - and I am - I'd best qualify that. ;-) For the first time in possibly months, I don't have anything that I *have* to do. I walk in thinking "do this" then "do that next" and for the first time I can remember, I actually get to pick what I do today. Again with the wow.

Will I actually get to write some of my paper?

On a side note, I got a letter from the Royal Society of Medicine the other day. Leaving aside my thoughts about how they know where I live, it cheerfully informs be that "as someone holding a senior position in the field of psychology, you almost certainly qualify for membership of the Royal Society of Medicine". Almost certainly? The cheeky so-and-so's. Still, the HQ in London looks quite nice - I hope you get the chance to put your feet up at Wimpole Street once in a while Serena. Still, it's a wee bit more pricey - at £341 - than the British Psychological Society (who only fleece me for £90 a year) so I'll give it a miss.

But it's nice to be almost asked...

1 comment:

Rena said...

Sadly, I don't get to go to Wimpole Street much these days as most of the meetings either clash with work or baby commitments.

However, I'm still a member for some reason...