Monday, June 25, 2007

More flooding

Doctor Who was good last week. Who doesn't like "The Master", eh? Still, with Daleks, Cybermen and The Master all used up in end of series finales, who's next??? I can't think of anyone!

But enough Dr Who - Jase has done it too - it's raining in Hull again. Seriously raining. Due to some crossed wires today, Dave set off for work by car - I didn't see his note pushed under my door (no point knocking as I don't have my hearing aids in until I'm about to set off) so I ended up having to walk in. (Cycling seemed suicidal). Couldn't do it! It was chucking it down and with so many road closures and every way I have to get in - four of them - making me pass through at least one two foot deep bottleneck, I gave up, came back home and e-mail in to say I was working from home. Proper working, I may add - not "working". I've just got an e-mail now, the dept has closed until Health and Safety grounds. Those who did get in...(!)

And this is June! What's going on??

2 comments:

Jase said...

I hope you are high and dry at the moment!
Sounds pretty "grim up north"!
Its a bit breezy down here but we have sunshine, apart from a huge black cloud East of our office.... (Over Wimbledon)

James said...

It got worse. When I got home, we had to go up onto the roof and bail buckets of water out. (There's a flat bit where the water was collecting that has no drainage). It was knee deep at one point; probably half of it was from last weeks flood. :)