Friday, June 01, 2007

Hull vs. Huddersfield - on the back foot.

You've probably seen the continuing "battle" between Sal and myself to see whose town is crappiest; Hull or Huddersfield. I thought I was onto a winner last week when a man was arrested in the square outside Huddersfield station - with the Queen was approaching - with an axe in his carrier bag...(!)

However, there was a bit of excitement here in Hull - on campus! - yesterday. I even got to see the Police helicopter roaring overhead. Check out the BBC local news (Humber) here to see what I mean. (You're looking for the "Armed Robbery at University" link. *ahem* It's on the right hand side at the top - it's an actual news bulletin - lots of shots of the Union Building. Note: I get my daily cash from this cashpoint on a regular basis. In fact, I wanted some yesterday, but it had all been stolen... :( Second student girl interviewed is actually one of my 1st year supervisees!!)

1 comment:

GF said...

You seem EXTREMELY excited about this prospect of being robbed.....I like that spirit...