Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just around the corner...

And this is Chanterlands Avenue - which has been sealed off. If you follow the road down and to the left, it dips to go underneath a railway bridge. (There's no way through at the moment). If you did get through, you'd turn left onto *my* street - strangely unaffected at my end. A little bit further down my street and you get down to the fountain (see picture a week or two ago) and then to the other barricaded half of the street - being pumped out by the Fire Brigade. It's a strange, surreal thing to cycle home through so much water. (And yes, my feet still get wet!)

3 comments:

Sal said...

That's what you get for living in a flat county rather than a nice hilly one. Might not be able to bike very far without your legs going to jelly around here but it's always someone else who gets the floodwater in their garden :-)

GF said...

Yes!! Live on a hill, I've always subscribed to that view...Scotland has loads of them! :)

James said...

I seem to live on a slghtly raised bit. Will that do? (Most of Hull is actaully below sea level, y'know!)