Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm away *again*

Yep, here I go again.

In a couple of hours, I'm off down to Exeter for a conference. Over four hours on the train - I even toyed with flying down from Leeds/Bradford but getting there isn't too easy. So the train it is, followed by three whole days of psychology presentations from fellow PhDers - myself included. Yep, the majority of you get to miss out on 20mins of waffle about tinnitus. You lucky people!! ;-)

Nah, it'll be fun! Perhaps only fun if you happen to be a soon-to-submit postgraduate psychologist who enjoys seminars and getting plastered nightly, but there you go. The only thing I regret is all this traveling back and forth and back again. What with rendezvousing with Sally in Huddersfield before flying off to have fun in Corfu - that followed quickly by a stay over in Hull (thanks lads) - I'll have only spent one full day at home in three weeks by the time I get back on Friday!! Who said signing on (three full weeks on the dole now) means you have to stay at home? For the record, I'm beginning to wish it did.

Simon, Craig, Catherine, Dave. See you down there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you James come back to hull. You've changed, let the likes of sally make you become sophisticated and grown up. I remember the days when you would happily do no more than drink urself into a stupor and compete with me to offend people with purile comments. Cheers for the holiday presents, they were greatly appreciated.

James said...

Purile? Aw, heck. I was going for waspish wit... :-(