Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The postman doesn't knock, does he/she?

One of those silly little posts today.

I've moved house, I've got my broadband back and my telephone sorted. The less said about my struggles with the utility people, the better. ;-) Slowly, things are finding their place, boxes and being put away in cupbroards and even tesco.com will turn up early tomorrow with food for the shelves. One thought on my mind - save that I have no hot water until the boiler people get their act together later today/tomorrow.

How does the post get in? I have a post box. You get through the front door into a small lobby with the postboxes (mine is flat 7). Then another door into the hallway and the staircases, then up to the top - so I need three keys to get into the building and my flat itself. Now, the postman can't leave the post outside. He can't post in through the the letterbox as there isn't one (it's a security door thing). Yet the post gets inside and into my postbox - also requiring a key to take things out. Does someone let him in every morning? Or does he have keys - a huge *massive* keyring of keys for every such property down here?? (And there are a few) Or even more exictingly/bad, does he/she have a muggable master key? Most confusing...

5 comments:

GF said...

Maybe he uses the type of magic that a Muggle wouldn't understand!!?

James said...

lol. Excellent point! Especially since I've recently found out that postmen start on £12,000 a year. I mean, he coudln't possibly be on the job for the money.

Jase said...

He'll have a key! Trust me!
Unless your management company are annoying in which case he will be ringing someone's doorbell each day to get buzzed in.

I don't think that Owls deliver to letter boxes...

GF said...

See I didn't think that either which is why I thought he perhaps used some magic rather than just an ordinary owl....

...what was the name of chimney thing he could use to travel places? Maybe that's it....

Jase said...

I doubt his flat is connected to the floo network! I suppose it might be old, but the sound of the shared entrance makes it sound quite modern, and they never designed those flats around the Wizard Postal Service.