Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's away

Yep, it's on it's way. What, you may ask. Well, I can announce that after six months of working on it - or rather six months of working on it when I haven't been given anything else to do - I've finally sent off my paper to the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. So now I wait for it to be peer-reviewed, rubbished, and sent back. :-)

Seriously, I hope it gets accepted or even accepted on proviso of certain changes being made. I gather that 65% of journal articles are rejected straight off the bat, and right now, academics are at the end of the RAE cycle. (Every few years, your journal articles are counted as proof of your - lack of - research activity). That means that HUGE numbers of lecturers are desperately trying to get their papers published before the next deadline - they come round every four years. Then three years of bugger all, then one year of desperate activity, then... Well, you get the idea. Human nature, isn't it? If you're *really* interested - and I rather doubt it - I can email you a copy, either word document or pdf. (Before some anonymous reviewer gets hold of it and makes me change everything!)

No comments: